The Business Productivity Online Suite is a set of Microsoft hosted messaging and collaboration solutions including Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft SharePoint Online, Microsoft Office Live Meeting, and Microsoft Office Communications Online. These online services are designed to give your business streamlined communication with high availability, comprehensive security, and simplified IT management. When your company subscribes to one or more of the services, it connects to the rich interactivity of on-premises client and server applications with the flexibility and scalability of Web-based services. Because Microsoft hosts the services, it reduces your company’s need to maintain IT services on site. Many organizations today are moving to this "software-plus-services" model, because it decreases the need to manage hardware and software.
Provide employees access to e-mail, calendar, and contacts from virtually anywhere, at anytime, on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices—while helping to protect against malware and spam. Exchange Online can be rapidly deployed, flexibly expanded, and is designed to be securely administered using a powerful yet simple remote Web-based console.
- Standard 1GB mailbox (additional storage available for purchase)
- E-mail, shared calendar, shared tasks, and contacts
- Spam filtering and antivirus capabilities via Exchange Hosted Filtering
- Outlook client connectivity, Outlook Anywhere, and Outlook Web Access
- Latest ActiveSync devices support
Share documents, contacts, calendars, and tasks through a single location. Based on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, SharePoint Online delivers rich team collaboration capabilities that enable you to flexibly and efficiently collaborate with team members, find organizational resources, search your intranet site, and manage content and workflow.
- Portal, collaboration, content management, site search, and forms capabilities
- Single location to share documents, contacts, calendars, and tasks
- Offline access to documents on the service from Outlook
- Roll-up views of calendars and tasks across multiple lists and sites
- Blog site templates that support article posting, reader comments, and RSS feed generation
Office Live Meeting
Connect with colleagues and customers through real-time meetings, training sessions, and events using only a PC with an Internet connection. Hosted Web conferencing services from Microsoft Office Live Meeting provides your employees the power to collaborate wherever they are, set up project meetings, brainstorm ideas, and collaborate on whiteboards without the cost and hassle of travel!
- Web client support for remote attendee flexibility
- Interactive application/desktop sharing and whiteboard tools
- Active speaker video switching, multi-party video, and multi-party VoIP audio
- Rich media presentations, native video conferencing, high-fidelity recording, and Web cam capabilities
- Training and event management, with event and class registration and virtual breakout rooms
Office Communications Online
Enable users to find and rapidly connect with the right person from the applications they use most. Office Communications Online provides streamlined access to rich presence and IM capabilities that are centrally managed by IT and work seamlessly with a range of Microsoft Office system programs.
- Instant Messaging with text based chat, file transfer, 1:1, or 1:many communication
- Seamless presence awareness enabling users to check another users availability on the network
- Presence information shared across Microsoft Office applications, such as Outlook and SharePoint
- Support for multiple modes and devices—PC, Web browser, or mobile phones
Meer info: http://www.microsoft.com/online